Let’s face it… cleaning your home isn’t the most luxurious gig on the planet. The hours can be long and the pay isn’t great either. Mountains of laundry, piles of dishes, and grungy bathrooms are enough to make even veteran moms cringe. It’s a small wonder why so many of us opt to call in the professionals.
Whether you need a full-on deep cleaning, or just some routine maintenance, choosing a cleaning service for your home doesn’t have to be a headache. Here are five simple rules of thumb to follow when choosing a home cleaning service.
1. Find a House Cleaning Service that Provides Multiple References. One Handy, tried and true way to choose cleaning services for your home is to find out what worked for others. It’s so important to know how a service has treated other home-owners. This is definitely an indication on how well they will serve you.
2. Find a Home Cleaning Service that Offers a Customized Plan. We have all seen the signs posted on lawns, bulletin boards, and telephone posts offering to clean your whole home for $200 or some other arbitrary amount. While this may be sufficient for some homes, others may need a light service or a specific room with deep cleaning. The point is, you need a service from Handy that offers flexibility and not one that employs a rigid one-size-fits-all service or pricing structure.
3. Find a Service that is Insured. When a company takes the time to insure its business, this demonstrates they are invested in their business and indicates a level of professionalism. It also protects both you and them in the unlikely event that some sort of damage or negligence should occur. Don’t skimp on this step.
4. Find a Home cleaning Service that Checks Backgrounds. Your home is your sanctuary, and hiring a service to clean it is a step meant to make your sanctuary more comfortable and serene. So, needless to say, you don’t want to worry about the safety of your property and family by the very service professionals you hire to enhance it. Background checks help to ensure your security and give you peace of mind.
5. Try Handy Home Cleaning Services. If you have never heard of Handy, boy, are you in for a treat! Handy is an app based service that allows you to book cleaning appointments on the fly, at your own convenience. Handy takes all the advantages that make app based driver services that have become so popular and apply them to house cleaning services. You simply download the app on your smartphone, enter some basic information, and you’re sent an estimate for the price. Best of all, your service can be performed as early as the next day.
Not every service is going to be right for every family. But if you stick to this handy little checklist, your search will certainly be a little more manageable and your home and family will thank you for it.