FreedomPop is a cell phone service provider ushering in a new wave of communication that is the unlimited Wi-Fi plan. Basically smartphone and tablet users will have unlimited talk, text and data services for only $5.00 a month. This is going to talk a bite out of traditional cell phone provider’s that offer expensive LTE plans that, according to FreedomPop’s chief operating officer Steven Sesar, only account for 10 percent of subscriber’s data usage, the other 90 percent is consumed via Wi-Fi. Essentially FreedomPop is cutting out the expensive LTE service and leaving users with the more than capable Wi-Fi hotpot networks and they are passing on the savings to the customers.
This plan will benefit society by leaving more money in people’s pockets. For less than 10 percent of the average cell phone service plan, this will equate to roughly a $600 dollar a year savings on cell phone services for the individual user if they can replace their current service with that of FreedomPop. Even if subscriber’s of the “traditional” cell phone provider’s do not plan on using FreedomPop as a replacement, they can at least supplement their current service and cut out the surplus data services saving them big bucks. This is a much needed break for the average person, especially in the current economic climate.
FreedomPop subscribers will be able to access text, talk and data services off of more than 10 million hotspot locations. This is expected to be expanded to about 25 million locations in the 2nd quarter of 2015. By year end, FreedomPop plans on having more than 90 percent coverage in the top 200 major metropolitan cities.
If you’re still on the fence, you can check out a FreedomPop review or two to see what others are thinking.